The Benefits of Working with The Connection
“We have employees who are students working part-time around their school schedules, to retirees who want a fun job, to full-time employees building their careers,” says The Connection’s Cyndi McDurmott, The Connection's VP of Human Resources, "We have positions that can accommodate most schedules and provide a career path where you can grow!"
In other words, at The Connection, opportunity is anything you want it to be. Here are some of the most important benefits of working with The Connection.
We hire from within
You might start out as a customer service representative, but from there you can go in almost any direction you want. It just depends on how hard you want to work and where you want to go. For example, our IT manager started out in one of our call centers, and now she heads up IT for the whole company.
We always look internally for people to promote before we consider candidates outside The Connection. In fact, more than 98% of our call center supervisory and managerial positions have been promoted from within. So, if we hire you and you tell us your goal is to have your boss’s job, we will work with you to make that happen. As they move up, we look from within to fill their role and that could be you!
We want you to succeed because when you do, The Connection succeeds, too. Everyone benefits.
Our benefits are better
When you compare our benefits package with what our competitors offer, there is really no comparison at all. Ours is simply better!
- We offer full-time and part-time positions. We offer more flexible, predictable scheduling, offering Monday-Friday shifts . And we offer competitive starting pay with annual review and increase eligibility. Many of or clients offer incentive programs where employees can increase their pay each month.
- At The Connection, you get top-quality, in-depth training to develop your skills in using call center technology, dealing with different types of people, and speaking with callers about the client’s products or services. You earn while you learn.
- Our paid time off (PTO) policy is more generous. After just 3 months, full-time employees begin to accrue PTO that can grow from 20 days per year to a full 6 weeks off. Six weeks of vacation!
- Of course we offer medical and dental insurance as part of our benefits package. But at The Connection, you get good coverage you can actually afford – as little as $46 per pay period for single-person coverage. Company paid Life Insurance is also provided.
- We also have a very generous attendance policy. “With most companies,” explains Cyndi, “it’s 1-2-3 strikes and you are out.” If you miss work and did not call ahead of time, you are gone. At The Connection, we also do not tolerate no-call-no-show behavior, but when our employees give us advance warning, we give them much more leeway. We understand that life happens, so we try to work with you.
But, wait! There are more benefits. You can check out the entire list here.
We give our employees more than benefits
We know our employees are real people, with real lives. And families. So we offer benefits our people can really use:
- Our Jamestown call center has an onsite café that offers tasty, affordable food.
- We periodically host weekend family BBQs.
- We celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Holiday giveaways
- We have a free Back-to-School backpack giveaway program for our employees’ kids and grandkids.
- We give our employees free hams or turkeys for the holidays.
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits to working with The Connection. Ready to apply? You can do that right now, right here!